Dental implants are sometimes needed to achieve the perfect smile and optimal oral health. Though they may sound intimidating, dental implants using the All-On-4 technique allow patients to gain back the full function of their teeth with ease.
With an understanding of patient comfort, Dr. Louisa Gallegos uses her dental expertise to provide high-quality dental treatment to patients looking to improve their smile. She is thrilled to offer the All-On-4 dental implants to patients in the Denver, CO, area.
What Is the All-On-4 Dental Implant Technique?
The All-On-4 dental implant technique involves the placement of implants in the mouth in a unique way. This technique focuses on using two upper and two lower sets of teeth. These four teeth will act as a stable support system for the implants, reducing the risk of damage and complications.
How Are All-On-4 Dental Implants Different Than Traditional Implants?
The All-On-4 dental implants provide numerous benefits that traditional dental implants typically can’t. These benefits can include:
- Reducing the number of implants needed. Traditional implants use between six to eight, and All-On-4 implants only need four.
- No need for bone grafting.
- All-On-4 typically costs less than traditional implants.
- Feel comfortable and natural.
- Preserves the jawbone
- Durable and strong enough to withstand the force of biting and changes in temperature
- Restore facial features
Who Is a Candidate for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
Ideal candidates for All-On-4 dental implants are patients who have lost most of their teeth but still have healthy enough jaw bone tissue to support their implants. Patients who are suffering from periodontitis, gingivitis, or gum disease may not be a suitable candidate for this treatment. Having the required bone density for proper healing is also required. If you have a history of poor oral health or underlying health conditions that would make healing after the implant difficult, another procedure may be recommended for you.
How Do I Know If All-On-4 Dental Implants Are Right For Me?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Gallegos will take into consideration your past oral history and the current state of your teeth to determine if All-On-4 dental implants are the best option for you.
What Is The Recovery Process Like?
Recovery after the All-On-4 dental procedure will require patient diligence in order to avoid oral complications. Dr. Gallegos will provide each patient with aftercare guidelines to follow after their procedure. These guidelines can help patients to manage post-procedure side effects and promote proper healing. Some common guidelines are:
- Prioritizing rest after the procedure
- Avoiding rigorous activity for the first 72 hours after the procedure
- Avoid touching the surgical sites
- Avoid being rough or pulling on the cheeks and lips
- Follow medication directions properly
- Follow a soft food diet for three months after the procedure
- Practice a gentle oral routine that includes brushing, flossing, and rinsing daily
Schedule a Consultation for All-On-4 Dental Implants Today
If you’re interested in discovering if the All-On-4 dental implants are right for you, call 303.316.4034 or click here to book your consultation with Dr. Gallegos today. Serving patients in Denver, CO, and the surrounding areas, we are ready to help you transform your smile!