Snap-in dentures may be a good alternative to traditional dentures if you are missing most or all of your natural teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, snap-in dentures, also called snap-on dentures, help restore fullness to your face and functionality to your mouth.
Pros and Cons of Snap-in Dentures
Dentures are a great teeth replacement option, but many patients are concerned by their tendency to become loose and even fall out. This can lead you to feel more self-conscious when speaking or eating, and loose dentures may also affect your speech.
Snap-in models are more stable by design. They are implanted dentures customized to snugly fit your dental implants.
Below are some of the pros and cons of snap-in dentures:
- More stable and secure than traditional dentures
- Improve your ability to chew and speak
- A tighter fit offers greater comfort and less gum irritation
- Work with dental implants to prevent future jawbone deterioration
- Can be costly as they require dental implants
- Not always covered by insurance
- Multiple procedures required to place all implants and fit the dentures
- Snap-in dentures weaken over time and need to be maintained by a dentist
Cost of Snap-in Dentures
The total cost of your denture treatment will depend on whether or not you already have dental implants. If not, we will have to first identify how many implants you need, place them, then fit your snap-in dentures to your dental implants.
The cost can range from $2,000 to over $6,000 depending on the severity of your tooth decay, the number of missing teeth you have, and whether or not you need bone grafting to restore your jawbone.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Louisa Gallegos, DDS
Dr. Gallegos is a fifth-generation dentist who has proudly been treating patients in Colorado for decades. She loves meeting new patients and helping every individual find the treatments they need for a happy, healthy smile.
Please call us today at 303-316-4034 or request an appointment online.